Jamal al-Harith, one of the five British detainees released from Guantanamo, has told (not to mention sold) his story to the Daily Mirror, a British tabloid. You can read the full story by clicking this link, it’s pretty revolting.
Also, the latest in the squalid story of Amina Silmi (from the Vindicator, of Youngstown, Ohio) is that she is not even allowed to touch her own children during visits in prison. She is being held in prison because the Immigration Service want to kick her out of the US to Venezuela, despite the fact that she has three children who are US citizens, one of whom has special needs. Read the story here. What is the matter with these people?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Hijab and primary school girls: not compulsory, but …
- On British Muslims and US racial politics
- Hijabi versus liberal Muslima
- Honi soit qui mal y pense
- Polygamy and being Muslim