Look at the starey-eyed terrorist!
The BBC reports that a guy from Gloucester called Sajid Badat has been found guilty of conspiring to carry out a shoe-bomber type attack on a plane from Amsterdam to the USA. Let’s get all this straight: this man agreed to carry out the bombing, booked the flight, then had second thoughts, but the law makes you a criminal if you agree to commit a crime, even if you then pull out.
This is a trick the press commonly play with pictures of paedophiles, and people they want to look bad. They take a series of pictures, and keep the one which looks the most weird. But you’d think they would take into account the fact that this man may have turned his back on terrorism before even carrying out a single act of terrorism before using this not-so-subtle means of character assassination.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Do they know what representation means at all?
- Prince Harry is just protecting his family
- Guardian Daily: nice new app, shame about the upgrade
- Brexit and how ignorance has become a ‘virtue’
- “Fake news” and the lay-offs at the Canary