Butt out, Salman
While it’s still Wednesday, I thought I might point out an article in today’s Guardian, in which Giles Fraser advises Salman Rushdie to quit his “crusading” (wrong word, but still …) and concentrate on what he supposedly does best - writing novels. For the benefit of anyone who has heard his recent pronouncements on why Islam must modernise, or whatever, he is basically non grata in the Muslim community. I very much doubt that the average Muslim would in fact kill him if they met him, but his views still count for nothing in our community. It begs the question why he continues offering them.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Do they know what representation means at all?
- Prince Harry is just protecting his family
- Guardian Daily: nice new app, shame about the upgrade
- Brexit and how ignorance has become a ‘virtue’
- “Fake news” and the lay-offs at the Canary