CAIR: Stranded-shaikh con man in court
CAIR reported this week that a con man who has been swindling money out of Islamic centres in the USA for several years has been indicted by an Alabama grand jury and extradited from Canada. The announcement reads, “Mohammed Agbareia made an initial appearance Monday in U.S. District Court in Alabama on charges of wire fraud and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. FBI officials say a co-defendant, Zouhair Hissy, was arrested in Canada on January 4. The two men were indicted by a federal grand jury in Mobile, Ala., for trying to bilk a local Islamic center out of $1500 using a scam that relied on the Islamic tradition of helping travelers in distress.” CAIR executive director Nihad Awad is calling on anyone targeted in the “stranded traveller” scam to assist prosecutors.
- Warning to Muslims about pseudo-Islamic 419 scam attempts
- Scams targeting Muslim women by Sara Umm Zaid - includes a piece on “distressed Muslimahs” who want your money.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Jordan Sheard’s sentence will be appealed
- More tabloids admit: we printed garbage
- Forest Gate: it was either this or that
- Bindel: I’m glad Arsenil lost
- Sheikh Mazhar tries it on Galloway