Lotfi Raissi update
The BBC reports that an Algerian-born pilot accused of links to terrorism, jailed for five months in Belmarsh, slandered in the popular press, and then released when a judge ruled there was no evidence against him, has won the right to challenge a decision not to award him compensation. The Home Office had refused him on the grounds that compensation applied only to criminal-law injustices and not those concerned with extradition; a judge today said that Mr Raissi had an arguable case that compensation should be available in such cases.
Possibly Related Posts:
- “Lone wolf” terrorists aren’t a myth
- Plymouth murders, armed losers and terrorism
- Who is, and who isn’t, a terrorist?
- And he wasn’t even Muslim
- Who’s behind “Survivors Against Terror”?