Not a good career for a Muslima
The BBC is reporting on a Muslim woman who wears hijab and whose aunt is an actress in Iran and wants to make it on the stage or screen here. I don’t see how this could work, given that even if she played a Muslim woman who wore hijab, the character would have a home life in which she took off her hijab - so what would this lady do then? I think her “plan B” idea of a career in genetics would be more useful.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Reflection on “Happy Valley”, series 1
- On obscene generalisations
- Of mice, men, mockingbirds and caged birds
- Does London need an official Holocaust memorial?
- Books aren’t clutter and a cactus is just a plant