Why are you a Muslim?
No, I’m not asking you, but sister Aaminah has been asking about people asking you, which is something I’ve found rather annoying over the years, as if I’m going to tell the story of five years of my life from 16 to 21 in five minutes, or perhaps they expect something dramatic when really it wasn’t (and what wasn’t smooth and ordinary, I’d rather not tell). Here is a set of questions for converts (with my responses, assuming she publishes them) about these questions and here is a poem she wrote about the subject. (More: Ginny.)
Possibly Related Posts:
- Should White Muslims marry each other?
- On obscene generalisations
- Converts more liable to become terrorists? Really?
- Christmas, converts and that fatwa
- Dr Leon Moosavi on “white privilege” and converts