Make them Muslim
Ginny on one of my pet hates about dealing with (some) born Muslims: those who think any convert can easily “make someone Muslim”, and expect us to start preaching Islam as soon as we convert even though they may never have done any such thing themselves, and have never been in the situation some of us are in. I touched on this in my White Privilege post back in May; I wrote that I had even had restaurant staff try to get me to marry one of their waitresses and “make her Muslim”, something they would never ask of someone from their own background.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Should White Muslims marry each other?
- On obscene generalisations
- Converts more liable to become terrorists? Really?
- Christmas, converts and that fatwa
- Dr Leon Moosavi on “white privilege” and converts