What’s “not Canada”?
This is a front page from today’s Toronto Sun about the 11-year-old girl who was attacked in the street by a man who cut her hijab with a pair of scissors as she walked to school in the morning. The paper tweeted the image and it’s been doing the rounds on social media. The sub-heading quotes the girl’s mother saying “this is not who we are”. But …
The page prominently features a young girl wearing a headscarf and the slogan “It’s just not Canada”. I’m sure that will strike a very different chord with many readers to the one intended.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Where in Europe is the best place to be Muslim?
- Who’s really the “elite” here?
- What is and what isn’t ‘gaslighting’?
- Against the “liberal elite” media trope
- Why the Daily Mail’s “volunteer army” should be resisted