An anonymously written, but lengthy and detailed, article showing the links the so-called Sufi Muslim Council, a body which has been promoted in recent weeks by the likes of Martin Bright as a better representative body for Muslims than the MCB, without that groups Muslim Brotherhood / Jama’at links. Well, guess what … it seems the SMC prefer the company of neo-cons and apologists for the Uzbek government. It appears to be another attempt to use “Sufism” as a vehicle for cosying up to powerful people.
Also, here’s another blog which has a number of uncomfortable facts about the SMC’s friends and leaders, like Azhar Ali who was implicated in one of the postal vote scandals last year.
Possibly Related Posts:
- City University: Friday prayers are part of campus life
- Christmas, converts and that fatwa
- Christian persecution campaigners lose Sunday work case
- Bishops are not mere middle management
- Dr Leon Moosavi on “white privilege” and converts