An anonymously written, but lengthy and detailed, article showing the links the so-called Sufi Muslim Council, a body which has been promoted in recent weeks by the likes of Martin Bright as a better representative body for Muslims than the MCB, without that groups Muslim Brotherhood / Jama’at links. Well, guess what … it seems the SMC prefer the company of neo-cons and apologists for the Uzbek government. It appears to be another attempt to use “Sufism” as a vehicle for cosying up to powerful people.
Also, here’s another blog which has a number of uncomfortable facts about the SMC’s friends and leaders, like Azhar Ali who was implicated in one of the postal vote scandals last year.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Listen to women — but which women?
- Let’s be clear: the French swimsuit ban is about hate
- Converts more liable to become terrorists? Really?
- ‘House Muslims’, whatever we call them, are a thing
- Anti-FGM crusade brings out the busybodies