BBC feature on Welsh ‘Degmo’
BBC Radio 4 had a lovely feature this morning about the Degmo Centre, a farm in Wales where Somalis from Britain’s inner cities come to learn about their rural roots. In Somalia, families often send children to spend time with relatives in the countryside, something that isn’t possible when you live in the inner city and there are no relatives in any nearby countryside. So, at Degmo they learn about herding sheep and milking cows, and all the other things they’d have learned back home.
Possibly Related Posts:
- National parks should be inclusive; that does not mean destruction
- Plastic bags are not “single use”
- Following in Grandpa Phil’s footsteps
- No, ‘patriarchy’ isn’t killing the planet: the modern lifestyle is
- Olympic Park: a sea of ugly