Claire Dyer update
Regarding the ongoing case of Claire Dyer, the 19-year-old autistic woman from Swansea who is being threatened with a transfer to a secure hospital in Northampton, which neither she nor her family wants: a tribunal started today which is in front of a judge in which the family have a full legal team. The tribunal, however, was adjourned as the health board needed more time to gather or present their evidence. She is therefore still in the unit and can still see her family with the same frequency as before, with one night at home weekly. It has been confirmed that the psychiatrist cannot transfer her to Northampton until the tribunal makes its decision.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Travesty of justice, travesty of science
- Autism, female diagnosis and trauma
- “Have you tried boarding?”
- How we still let our learning disabled down
- Burning your child’s past